Legacy Edition Dan Kubin Black Brass V3R Sidewinder
Legacy Edition Dan Kubin V3R Sidewinder
*This is a special run of Sidewinders built with the original V3R Armature Bar for an even heavier hit and slightly different feel from the current version V3R.
"Special Legacy Edition Sidewinder with OG V3R Armature Bar and Springs on the newer updated frame with DK Thumbscrew included! These Legacy machines are a little quieter and geared more towards being effortless with a stronger hit off the tip. These Legacy machines are intended for experienced tattooers, their happy place is for 7-14 Liners.
Also, please note the rubber band position is another simple tuning element. For lower volt operations, or harder hit, position the band pointing slightly up. This will reduce return spring tension thus making it operate better at slower speeds and decreasing the amount of give. Bonus is less strain on the rubber band.
These updates are in addition to the 2019 updated version which still has the same dependable and proven geometry as the original v3, but now revisited and remastered with subtle differences to improve overall performance. This is the most user friendly Sidewinder yet. The differences, others than aesthetics, is the numbered stroke wheel, an impact screw timing mark on the cam and frame (like the v5-6). Additionally, I did a new spring loaded vice lock setup that effortlessly clamps down your tube. The stroke wheel is indexed in 10 positions, and numbered accordingly."
Thanks for looking - Dan.
- Black Oxide Brass Frame (*Finish may vary)
- Black DK Thumbscrew and Polished Brass OG Armature Bar
- The renowned rotary liner. Effortlessly sink any size line by just grazing the skin.
- The motor is the same as the V2-V4 Sidewinder, which has proven the test of time. It has been a favorite of the long time Sidewinder collectors.
- Vice-Lock that easily tightens on nearly any tube
- Great for all varieties of Line Work or as a Fast Shader/Packer
- Timing mark on the cam and frame for setting the impact screw. (Just like the V5 and V6) **Special note, Legacy Edition machine timing marks are slightly off due to using the OG armature on the newer frames. Down stroke timing mark should sit just outside the timing mark on the high side. If you go much lower you will know as you will make contact with the top of the frame with the armature.
Numbered stroke dial so you can easily play with the stroke without fear of losing that sweet spot. You can’t make it too long or too short. Smaller number setting great for small groupings, large numbers large groupings. Machines are tuned and shipped on the 5 setting, some don't ever adjust this, some do, user preference.
- Standard Needle on Bar: wrap a thick rubber band around the motor cap and across the front of the machine to add needle bar tension. It is recommended that you use Thick Rubber Bands and Dan's Perfect Nipples.
- Cartridges: wrap a rubber band around the motor cap and over the top of the armature bar to counteract the cartridge's upward tension. Thick or standard rubber bands both work, it will just depend on the tension of the cartridge membrane or band to determine with rubber band provides the proper counter resistance.
*Completely black oxided. *please note that the brass will peak though over time where it sees heavy wear, adding to its character.
For more info please watch the V3R Setup and Tuning Video.